How to Get Started
Editing WikiAdvocacy is Easy!
Editing WikiAdvocacy is very easy! Simply click the edit tab at the top of the page, type something in, and hit the “Save page” button at the bottom of the edit box. (Or, if you're a bit timid, click “Show preview” first.) This is the basic procedure to edit all pages. Anyone is welcome to contribute!
Worrying about Messing up the Contents?
Don’t. Even if you accidentally mess something up, you can revert your own edit or an editor can correct the mistake. If you want to practice editing pages, you can visit Editing Practice and learn how you can edit pages in WikiAdvocacy.
Many Ways to Contribute
There are many ways to contribute to WikiAdvocacy. For example, in addition to editing pages, you can:
- Create a new page
- Make a wanted page (create a new page and leave the content blank)
- Add something to the to do list in the community portal
- Add relevant external and internal links
- Add information
- Update old information
- Fix spelling errors or grammatical mistakes if you find one while reading
- Rephrase in a better way
- Post notices if you find a page that needs to be fixed or has been vandalized
- Visit WikiAdvocacy. Every visit makes our contributors happy and encourages more participation.
Every contribution helps develop WikiAdvocacy and is deeply appreciated. Let’s create our guide to advocacy together!