Though most start-up organizations want to plunge right into fundraising, and indeed it might be prudent to seize an opportunity to do so, it is always a good idea to have a plan.
- Who sits on your development committee?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of your committee? What expertise are you missing?
- What is your development plan?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of your plan?
- How much do you receive in donations in an average year, or have you received in the past year?
- What percentage of affected individuals donate?
- What percentage of donations come from affected individuals or families?
- What percentage of donations come from unaffected individuals or families?
- What sources have you not considered?
You can download a PDF form to help with this activity. (File:Worksheet8.pdf)
- Organizational Assessment: Characterize Condition
- Organizational Assessment: Determine Goals
- Characterize Resources
- Compare Goals and Resources, with the Characteristics of the Condition