Charity Rating Listings
As a nonprofit organization, there are many different opportunities to have your organization rated by such groupss as The BBB Wise Giving Alliance, Charity Navigator, Standards for Excellence, and many other "watchdog organizations." Here are some thoughts and tips on participating in various listings from leaders of advocacy organizations:
- BBB Wise Giving Alliance is the Better Business Bureau for nonprofits. Some groups have found the yearly face to face board meetings a requirement that is just not feasible.
- Charity Navigatoris the largest evaluator of charities, but they only consider charities that receive $500,000 or more in public support per fiscal year.
- Guide Star Listing an organization here allows potential donors to see lots of descriptive information as well as an organization's 990.
- Standards for Excellence is a membership organization.
- Becoming the Organization You Imagine
- Building a Website
- Conference Call Services
- Getting Grants
- Harnessing the Resources That Are Hard to Measure
- Helping Your Membership Help Your Group
- How to Obtain Donated Office Space
- Internet Service Provider
- Maintaining Computer Files
- Maintaining Membership
- Meet Your Neighbors & Organizations
- Member Dues
- People and Roles
- Social Networking
- Taking Credit Cards on the Web